Saturday, March 11, 2006

It is the weekend and I get to play with my stamps and covers...Hoohoo. Besides that, I need to plan some fun places to take my kids to, as next week is spring break. Anyway for tonight, I was pondering about what to write. The US Specialized group that I belong to is currently discussing about Prominent Americans covers and I thought I should dig through my boxes to see what I can find. I came up with four different commercially Prom. Americans cover. I did some research on them and came up with the rates the best I could. Too bad, this blog can only accommodate one photo per article. So I will try to choose the best one to display here and discuss about it.

The cover shown above has 2 different Prominent Americans stamps on it. They are numbered as Scott# 1281 and Scott #1294. This cover was sent on Feb 19, 1976 as insured parcel post of $1.28 for less than equal 2lbs to Zone 6. Insurance fee 60c for $150-200 indemnity and Special Handling fee of 25c for less than 2lbs. Total postage paid $2.13. I like this cover for the multiple services apply on it. Comments on this cover are welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home