Saturday, March 18, 2006

Between 1999 and 2002 I worked in Hawaii. It was as everyone says it is - a paradise. However, I would not say the same thing about Linns and USPS. Somewhere in 2001, i decided to subscribe one year of Linns stamp news and have them delivered to my home every week. For some reasons, the delivery time was always delay and there were a couple of issues that i did not received at all.

So i decided to contact Linns to see if they can find out for me what is causing this delay. About two weeks later, Linns send me a letter apologizing for the delay and include those issues that mysteriously went undelivered. There was another letter attached to it, which comes from the United States Postal Service (USPS) to Linns Stamp News. It explain the process of how surface mail was delivered to the Hawaiian Island from the mainland. At that time Linns was sent via "printer matter" class and I assume it falls under surface mail delivery. The letter was interesting enough to me that i decided to post it above. Click on it for a bigger scans. I am interested to hear from you about the letter. Email me at localpcguy at gmail.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have never thought that it would take so long to reach Hawaii, thank you for sharing.

Erik Anderson

March 18, 2006 10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oakland is still a major contributor to slow mailing of periodicals. I usually get mine about a week late (sometimes as much as 4-5 weeks late), and I only live about 15 miles from that processing center! By the way, I've added a link to your blog to the front page of mine.

Allen Bohart
http://www.philatelictidbits.com

March 19, 2006 6:44 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

Erik, me too. Hawaii is a paradise but i would not say the same for everything.

Allen, you got to be kidding me...15 miles sometimes take 4-5 weeks! Thanks goodness there is a online version now..Thanks for link to your blog.

March 19, 2006 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home